Hiring: Office Manager
We're an early stage digital health/insurance-tech startup based in Perth with a team across Australia, China and Hong Kong. Our aim is to improve the health and wellbeing of millions of people using AI and digital health and we working on this in partnership with some of the world's biggest insurers and re-insurers. We're well funded, have a good sales pipeline, have won several awards for our innovative technology and are expanding our team.
The role includes managing all admin, bookkeeping, HR and creating a happy working environment for all employees. We are a small early stage tech-company, but growing rapidly so we need someone that can calmly manage a constantly moving environment.
Job tasks and responsibilities
The role of the Office Manager is to oversee our operations & administrative needs, and to create a happy working environment for our employees, investors and clients.
- Manage external email accounts, respond to inbound emails and triage to appropriate staff.
- Prepare bi-weekly and monthly reports/updates for our team and investors.
- Prepare meeting agendas and minutes.
- Manage customer support communication, including logging customer feedback regarding product issues, responding to inbound emails and triaging to appropriate team member.
- Manage the interview schedule coordination for new hires.
- Manage onboarding procedures, orientation & paperwork for new employees
- Schedule team events, lunches, celebrations and health & wellness activities etc.
- Manage the employee payroll and superannuation (we use Xero)
Administration & Scheduling
- Manage the CEO calendar and travel bookings.
- Assist with team scheduling and travel bookings
- Manage user accounts and budget for IT services (Dropbox, email etc)
- Track company spending and categorize expenses alongside the external bookkeeper.
- Manage accounts payable and receivable; send invoices, make payments, approve expense reports, monitor accounts, and work alongside the external bookkeeper and accountants
- Create and manage our monthly & annual budgets and financial reports alongside the external bookkeeper.
- Manage our corporate secretary & accountants on corporate governance and paperwork.
- Manage the sourcing and evaluation of our next office space.
- Manage the office space, including organization, tidiness, signage, monitors, mail, and relationship with landlord.
- Manage the office supplies (minimal).
Skills & Experience
We are looking for someone with the following skills:
- Excellent organization skills: Including the ability to manage & assist with multiple projects, prioritize and make decisions with limited information. Proven ability to manage time and meet key milestones.
- Proficient in Technology: Specifically skilled with Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Xero, email and ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Health: an interest and passion in health, fitness, meditation and digital technology are preferred.
- Bookkeeping & Budgeting: Reasonable booking and accounting skills, ideally using Xero.
- High level of written, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, without losing sight of the bigger picture, and an ability to think on your feet.
- 1-2 years of experience in an administrative role.
- Bachelors degree or beyond, or equivalent experience.
Job benefits and perks
- The joy of building an exciting tech company with creative, like-minded and passionate peers, and helping millions of people improve their health and wellbeing.
- Salary $40,000 - $60,000 AUD.
- Equity opportunities.
If you are passionate about health, tech and you think you might be the right person for this role, send us an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), with a cover letter and your CV attached.
We look forward to hearing from you.