We’re looking for a data scientist. Someone to help build a wonderful shiny new prediction model. Ideally you’ll be a data scientist by day and a machine learning guru by night, a genius with numbers, a stats wizard, and ideally a teller of dry but humorous jokes.
With 3bn self-tracking devices on the planet we see a huge untapped opportunity to use real world behavioural data to help people be awesome at work. To do this we’re building a behavior analytics platform that draws on mobile data (location, movement, comms), wearable data (like Basis’ watch and Glass), and social network data to spot the key patterns of insanely great teams and provide insights to help people be more awesome. We need a data scientist to help crunch the numbers and find novel insights.
You’ll be well compensated for helping our company grow, with money, equity opportunities and the pleasure of working with a cool startup on a great project.
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources.
- Design and develop new algorithms, methods and models to analyze and predict real world behavior.
- Suggest and create effective feature roadmap.
- Code deliverables in tandem with engineers.
We’d love someone with a PhD and some great experience, however this can be waived if you’re a genius who dropped out to do something cooler. Ideally you would have:
- MSc/PhD in a quantitative field (CS, statistics, maths, econometrics, or related field).
- Experience with, machine learning, modeling, prediction, graphs and large-scale data.
- Experience with extracting, manipulating and analyzing complex data from varying sources.
- Experience with relational databases, large datasets and distributed computing tools.
- Experience with scriptings language such as Perl, Python, PHP, and shell scripts.
This could be a part or full-time position, and is located at our office in Sync Labs co-working space, Leederville.
How to Apply
If you think you might be the right person, send us an email with your resume to [jonah at boundlss dot com] and tell us whatever you think we should know.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you.